Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mike's visit to the OTC

Today the big man (no pun intended) was on campus (aka - the OTC). His name is Mike and he is the head of the medical committee for the Olympic Training Center. This meant that Brian and I had to keep quiet and try to work on people between his random visits to the track building. I was working on Trevell when I told him that Mike was here and I wasn't exactly sure what he looked like. Trevell said he would keep an eye out and point him out. About 45 minutes later while I was working on Tommy I saw a man turn the corner behind the track building. I quickly told Tommy he had about 2 minutes to sit up and let me adjust both shoulders and for him to tell me how he felt. Why 2 minutes you ask? Because I figured this is how long it would take the man to reach the door. Just as Tommy was standing up off the table and I pretended to stretch my quad (as to not look suspicious) Trevell rounded the corner and tried to pick up the stop on the door to the building but the stopper bent backwards and he almost fell into Mike who was now trying to enter the room. Trevell apparently saw Mike from the other side of the track and sprinted over to warn me. It was hilarious to see him almost fall into Mike. I was very grateful and touched, until Trevell explained he was being selfish because if I wasn't allowed to treat him how would he be able to run. Wow, and here I thought he was looking out for his girl haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment