Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Still Job Searching

So the other night I went in to train for the Nanny/Personal Assistant job I had lined up. WOW! This lady had some severe mental issues. I walked into the garage and there was enough ziplock bags, light bulbs, paper towels and other household supplies to last at least 2 years, and yet she had me unload 8 more boxes of trash bags!
I then went into the house and the whole hall was filled with 10-12 book bags (all see through clear plastic). They were labeled Mon-Sat and had one row for one child and the other row for the other child. There was a lady who came in once a week to organize wardrobe for the week (including shoes and underwear) on hangers. Two outfits per day in case one gets dirty.
I soon saw the dad drop the girls off (ages 4 and 6). The 4 year old ran to the kitchen to get her bottle with chocolate milk (really at 6pm you are going to give her chocolate milk ... in a bottle no less!). This little girl is too old to be drinking out of a bottle, but when mom and dad don't pay attention to her I can understand her need to feel like a baby.
After a couple hours there I came across way too many things that I couldn't morally handle and I decided to leave. I told her if she would like a nanny than I would be willing to return to take care of the girls every evening, other than that I could not handle the chaos that went on in the house.

I guess this leaves me to more job hunting. Sent out 8 resumes today and I'm sure something will come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment